Segun Toyin Dawodu, MD, JD, MBA, LL.M, MS
PMREHAB PAIN & SPORTS MEDICINE ASSOCIATES
Albany Medical Center , MC-79
43 New Scotland Avenue
Albany NY, 12208-3479
Board Certified physician in the specialties of Physical medicine and Pain Management also Independent Medical examiner.
Physician tarined as Orthopedic Surgeon in UK and Physical Medicine/Pain Medicine in the US.
Board Certified in:
1. PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION
2. PAIN MEDICINE/MANAGEMENT
3. ELECTRODIAGNOSTIC MEDICINE
4. INDEPENDENT MEDICAL EVALUATION/EXAMINATION
Experts on assessment involving musculoskeltal injuries, trauma, neurological injuries including Spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injury.
Previous, Chief Resident, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, ALBANY MEDICAL CENTER, ALBANY, NY.
Previous, Attending Physician, Traumatic Brain Injury/Stroke, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, MOUNT SINAI MEDICAL SCHOOL/MEDICAL CENTER, New York, NY.
Dr. Segun Toyin Dawodu, MD, JD, MBA, LL.M, MS is currently an Associate Professor of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation/Interventional Pain Management at Albany Medical College/Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY. He graduated with a medical degree from University of Ibadan, Nigeria, the premier medical school in Nigeria and later trained in Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma in England, United Kingdom.
He also had training in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York. He was the Chief Resident while at Albany Medical Center and a recipient of many honors & awards.
He is also Fellowship trained in Pain Management/Medicine and Spine Interventional Medicine and Medical Informatics.
His primary practice is currently in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine/Management , Sports Medicine, NeuroMuscular Medicine, Electrodiagnostic Medicine and Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Previously, he was a Clinical Instructor and Attending Physician at Mount Sinai Medical Center / Medical School, New York, NY in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, treating patients with Traumatic Brain injuries, Stroke and Musculoskeletal injuries .
Dr. Dawodu is Board Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, with
Specialty Board Certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
Subspecialty Board Certification in Pain Medicine/Management through a Conjoint Board Examination by the American Board of Anesthesiologists and American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
Subspecialty Board Certification in Sports Medicine,
Subspecialty Board Certification in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine,
Board Certification in Electrodiagnostic Medicine, by the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and
Diplomate of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland/Great Britain.
Dr. Dawodu has a Law degree from the University of London, United Kingdom with an additional qualification LL.M degree specialty in Medical law/ Ethics and Intellectual Property Law also from University of London, UK, an MBA degree from Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School, Baltimore, Maryland, USA and a MS (Masters of Science) in Medical Informatics from Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA and some of the work done can be found on http://www.segundawodu.net.
He is a member of many professional organizations local, national and international including :
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Fellow, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine, UK ,
- Editorial Board Member, Knowledge NOW, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Former Member, Planning Program Committee American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Member, Special Interest Group/Symposia Committee, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Member, Ethics Committee, American Medical Informatics Association
- Former Member, Finance Committee, American Medical Informatics Association
- Member, Pain Council Outline Development Group, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, Legal and Advocacy Committee, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Former Member, Training Program Committee, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Member, Pain/Neuromuscular Medicine Editorial Board(2011-2013), American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, American College of Physician Executives
- Member(Founding), Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Medical Informatics Association
- Member, American Paraplegic Society .
- Member, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Member, Physicians for Human Rights.
- Member, British Mensa, American Mensa
- Licensed, Specialist Register, General Medical Council of Great Britain/United Kingdom.
- Licensed in the state of VIRGINIA.
- Licensed in the states of MARYLAND.
- Licensed in the state of PENNSYLVANIA.
- Licensed in the state of INDIANA.
- Licensed in the state of NEW YORK
- Licensed in the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
- Licensed, Specialist Register with Higher Qualifications, Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
- Licensed, Specialist Register with Additional Specialist Qualifications, Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Licensed, United Kingdom Council for Health Informatics Professions.
- Listed, Marquis Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- Listed, Marquis Who's Who in America
- Listed, Marquis Who's Who in The World
- Listed, Wikipedia
- Listed, America's TOP PHYSICIANS by Consumers Research Council of America
- Winner:- British Airways Face of Opportunity Competition 2010: Providing Intervention Spine Procedures in Nigeria
- Medico-Legal Jurisprudence
- Webdesign, Database Management and Medical/Clinical Application of Computer Science.
- Webmaster/Editor, Dawodu.com
- Webmaster, Editor, Edo-Nation.net
- Fly a Cessna 172
Some of his recent publications include :
- Forrest GP, Roque JM, Dawodu ST: Decreasing Length of Stay after Total Joint Arthroplasty: Effect on referrals to Rehabilitation units: Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1999:80:192-4.
- Dawodu ST: Junior Doctors' Pay: Letter Response:Another 21st Century Slavery , British Medical Journal (BMJ), 2000; 320:1224 (May 6)
- Dawodu ST: Disability not well defined; Letter Response to Disability in Young People and Adults One Year After Head Injury - Prospective Cohort Study: British Medical Journal (BMJ) 2000;320:1631-1635 ( 17 June )
- Dawodu ST: Subdural Empyema : Emedicine Journal 2001:2:2
- Dawodu ST: Swallowing Disorders : Emedicine Journal 2001:2:8
- Dawodu ST: Spinal Cord Injury - Definition, Epidemiology, Pathophysiology : Emedicine Journal 2001: 2:8
- Dawodu ST: Cauda Equina and Conus Medullaris Syndromes : Emedicine Journal 2001:2:9
- Dawodu ST: Traumatic Brain Injury: Definition, Epidemiology, Pathophysiology : Emedicine Journal 2002:3:1
- Dawodu ST, et al: Nutritional Management in The Rehabilitation Setting : Emedicine Journal 2007:9
- Dawodu ST: Rehabilitation Medicine: Fast Paced? : British Medical Journal (BMJ) Career Focus 2007; 335:164 (December 11)
- Dawodu ST: Osteoarthritis: Knowledge NOW, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - 2011
- Dawodu ST: eOpioids - Opioids & Opiates Calculator Medical Review; Medical App Journal, October 2012
- Hata J, Perret D, DeSilva C, Leung D, Betesh N, Luo ZD, Dawodu, S et al; Pulsed Radiofrequency Current In The Treatment of Pain: Critical Reviews in Physical Medicine, 23(1-4), 213-240 (2011)
Segun T. Dawodu, MD, JD, MBA, LL.M, MS,
Dept. of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Albany Medical College,
pager:- +1-518-422-0520 (internal 9756)
cell:- +1-518-T-DAWODU / 601-S-DAWODU / 208-DAWODU-S
UK:- +44-20-7096-1689 / +44-7525-808-871
Skype:- +44-20-7193-4942 or stdawodu
Private Tel:- +1-866-PMREHAB
Private e-Fax:- +1-888-872-1315
Private website:- http://www.pmrehab.com
Albany Medical Center,
Dept. of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
43, New Scotland Avenue, MC-79,
Albany, NY, 12208-3479