Captain E. S Geary
Geary International Limited of Gibraltar
International Services in Admiralty, expert witness & litigation support to counsel. Hull & Machinery – P and I Claims evaluation & investigations, worldwide valuation appraisals of yachts & ships, marine loss adjuster-arbitrator/mediator, services in marine forensic engineering. By appointment to London underwriters and other major insurance markets. Nautical Surveyor authorized to carry out work for The Maritime and Coastguard Agency of the United Kingdom. MCA/USCG Certified ISPS Port Facility, Company and Vessel Security Officer. ISM/STCW Consultant QMS Internal Auditor.
- Domestic & International Litigation Support to Defense & Plaintiff Counsel
- Accredited Senior Appraiser - Yacht & Ship Survey/Valuations to any tonnage.
- National Panelist American Arbitration Society
- Consultant QMS Internal Auditor ISO 9001, STCW & ISM Code
- Certifying Authority Approved UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency - MCA Code of Practice Examiner
- Registered Professional Engineer
- By Appointment: Marine Technical Advisor to the United States General Services Administration
- US Coast Guard / US Maritime Administration Certified Port Facility, Company and Vessel Security Officer International Ship & Port Facility Code (ISPS) SOLAS Amendments 2002, MTSA parts 101-106 & USCG NVIC 11-02 Florida Institute of Technology-Maritime Protective Services-Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Master of Science Studies - Criminal Justice Management: Masters Thesis, ‘Crime-Conspiracy-Cocaine-The Caribbean Connection’
- Maritime Fraud Investigator (Former Certified Fraud Examiner – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- Broadcast Journalist - Program Anchor - CBS Radio Affiliate St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- 1983-2010: Accredited Senior Member: The American Society of Appraisers - USA - ASA Proctor
- Registered (Maritime Expert) US Government Central Contractors Registration (CCR) Database
- Approved Arbitrator - Boat/US Salvage Arbitration Plan
- National Panelist: American Arbitration Association - Admiralty
- Nominated Surveyor-UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency Inspector for Code of Practice Certification - Commercial Vessels
- By Appointment: Marine Consultant to the US DOT Maritime Administration (MARAD)
- By Appointment: Marine Consultant to the US General Services Administration
- Expert Witness – US Department of the Treasury – Internal Revenue Service
- Certified Damage Assessment of Yachts & Ships - Marine Loss Adjuster – Worldwide
Credentials, Professional Qualifications & International Affiliations:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser of Yachts & Ships – The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - UK.
- USCG Licensed Merchant Marine Officer-Master.
- Yacht Tonnage Admeasurer, Bureau Veritas & Department of Trade, London.
- Society of Professional Engineers-UK.
- Union Internationale des Ingenieurs-France.
- Bundesverband der Berufsingenieure-Germany.
- The Royal Institution of Naval Architects-UK
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - UK
- Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association-UK.
- Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers - USA.
- American Society of Naval Engineers
- National Panelist American Arbitration Association.
- Fellow: Institution of Diagnostic Engineers-UK Designated Life Member
- Society of Consulting Marine Engineers & Ship Surveyors – UK
- Member/Past Director: International Association of Marine Investigators – IAMI 1996 Investigator of the Year.
- Member & Registered Surveyor: The Federation of European Maritime Associations of Surveyors and Consultants
Coastguard / Naval Service:
- Former Senior Auxiliary Training Officer/Special Policy Advisor to the COMMANDANT - Coastguard Command of the Venezuelan Navy – Rank: Captain
- Department Chief US Coast Guard Pan American Auxiliary Liaison - Rank: Captain -
- Certifying Authority Nautical Surveyor authorised to carry out work for the United Kingdom Maritime and Coastguard Agency -
- MCA Code of Practice Compliance Examinations - The Safety of Small Commercial Sailing & Motor Vessels.
- Inventor/Designer of the Hi-Performance Composite Propulsion System - US/Foreign Patent No. 4,842,483
- Nominated Surveyor-UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency Inspector for Code of Practice Certification - Commercial Vessels1
- Past Director-at-Large, Caribbean Area - American Society of Appraisers
- Past President: Virgin Islands Chapter - American Society of Appraisers
- Past President: Puerto Rico Chapter - American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Diver - Salvage Master
- Former Vice President Caribbean Region - Navy League of the United States
- Past Director (EPRC) Military Liaison - Navy League of the United States
- By Appointment to HRH Tunku Ibrahim Ismail Crown Prince of Johor - Marine Technical Advisor
- By Individual & Specific Appointment - Flag State Surveyor - The Maritime Administration of Jamaica
- By Individual & Specific Appointment – Official Maritime Consultant to the Government of Mauritius
- Domestic/International Courtroom Experience
- Litigation Support In Accordance with the United States Federal Rules of Evidence and United Kingdom Civil Procedure Rules Part 35 Compliant
- Graduate: U.S Army Military Police Academy
- Standard Practice – STCW/ISM Codes a Sensible & Simple Approach to Ship Safety (The Journal of the Institution of Diagnostic Engineers)
- AMEN: Hull Identification Numbers – Legal or Illegal? (The Journal of the Institution of Diagnostic Engineers)
- Floating Assets: World Values of Ships & Yachts (Technical Journal of the American Society of Appraisers -ASA)
- Marine Forensic Engineering & the Valuation Sciences in Claims and Losses (Technical Journal of the ASA)
- Maritime Experts and the Federal Rules of Evidence (Technical Journal of the ASA–National Association of Marine Surveyors)
- ‘Gotcha’ - International Marine Insurance Fraud and Conspiracy - ISBN 0-595-32740-0
- ‘The Venezuelan Conspiracy’ –Another Clear & Present Danger to the United States of America – ISBN 1-425-11832-1
- Award winning book & true story of the CIA & US Coast Guard’s secret mission to overthrow the government of Venezuela
- ‘Fables & Tales of the Unexpected –Cheque-Mate…’ Fictionalized maritime stories based on actual events.’ ISBN1-468-16045-1