Matthew C. Lee, M.D., R.Ph., M.S.
PHYSICIAN,PHARMACIST, PHARMACOLOGIST & TOXCIOLOGIST
5700 Old Richmond Avenue, Suite A-5
Richmond VA, 23226
Dr. Matthew C. Lee is a practicing Physician and Pharmacist in Richmond, VA, who also has a Master's of Science in Pharmacology and Toxicology, with research experience and publications in the field of drugs of abuse. Distinguished and well respected as Physicians, Pharmacist, and Pharmacologist/Toxicologist. He has testified and supported litigation in a wide variety of cases in criminal and civil, including plaintiffs and defendants.
Physician. eLEEte Physicians, LLC, Primary Care Practice. Primary care physician (PCP). General Practice.
Pharmacist. Parallon Solutions. Provide patient care activities to ensure safe and effective drug therapy. Accurately enter orders in the computer and timely manner. Screen for drug interactions, allergies, or duplications, appropriate diagnosis, renal and liver function prior to order entry. Investigate and report adverse drug events and medication incidents. Review and interpret all physician orders received using patient profiles. Monitor for incompatibilities, concentration and rate of intravenous drugs. Assess orders for age specific appropriateness from neonatal through geriatric. Dissemination of drug information.
Physician. Apple Mobile Medical. Occupational Health Physician at TEVA Pharmaceuticals. Perform annual Employee Health Surveillance and pulmonary assessments
Expert Witness in Medicine, Pharmacology and Pharmacy. Cases include: both civil and criminal, medication over dosage and under dosage, adverse effects/outcome from receiving the wrong medication, wrongful death, positive drug screens, medication side effects and cognitive capacity in divorce and child custody cases, pharmacologic photosensitivity, pharmacologic interaction of medications with cosmetic lasers. Assessment of the potential impairment of patients cognitive capacity, due to medications and given pharmacokinetic parameters. Causality of disability as related to receiving wrong medication. Pharmacist dispensing errors. Affidavits of Merit/Certificates of Merit. Medical Marijuana and employee drug screens.
Founded eLEEte Physicians, LLC, Primary Care Practice. Serving as President/CEO of the corporation, and employed as a Internal and Integrative Medicine Physician. Also work as the on-site compounding/dispensing pharmacist, offering custom compounded medications, tailored to individual patients disease states and pharmacokinetic parameters.
Apple Mobile Medical. Occupational Health Physician. Perform Personal Health Assessments on Pre- and Post- deployment soldiers in the United States National Guard.
HCA Shared Services, Central Order Entry Pharmacy. Review and verify physician orders for 17 hospitals across the United States in Virginia, Texas, Utah, Kansas, New Hampshire and Missouri. Assessing pharmacokinetic parameters, accuracy, and formulary status, substituting when appropriate/indicated.
Founder/President/CEO of 1U LLC , clinical research organization. Evaluate diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in various disease states.
- Physician. United States Department of Defense, Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS), Fort Lee Virginia. Physician, perform physicals on new military recruits to determine medical qualification as required for entrance into any branch of the U.S. Military as defined by the protocols established the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Physician. Apple Mobile Medical Occupational Health. Perform Personal Health Assessments on Pre- and Post- deployment soldiers in the United States National Guard.
- Physician. Locum Tenens in Occupational Health and Family Practice for Jackson and Coker.
- Locum Tenens Physician in Occupational Health and Family Practice for Jackson and Coker.
- Zelda West Johnson, MD and Associates Family Practice- Physician in Family Practice.
- Pharmacist, Walnut Hill Pharmacy, Petersburg, VA
- Pharmacist; Poplar Springs Hospital; Petersburg, VA.
- Pharmacist for Wal-Mart pharmacy, as needed throughout Virginia
- Pharmacy Manager; Wal-Mart Pharmacy; Tarboro, NC.
- Lab Technician; Medical College of Virginia, Department of Pharmacology; Richmond, VA.
- Pharmacist; Prince George Pharmacy; Prince George, VA.
- Emergency Maintenance; Medical College of Virginia Housing Department, Richmond, VA.
- Summer Housing Manager; Medical College of Virginia Housing Department, Richmond, VA.
- Research Assistant; Medical College of Virginia Trauma Surgery Department, Richmond, VA.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Undergraduate - Barton College (previously Atlantic Christian College). September 1988 – May 1990.
- Undergraduate - Virginia Commonwealth University, Bachelor’s of Science in Chemistry. August 1992.
- Professional - Medical College of Virginia, School of Pharmacy, Bachelor’s of Science in Pharmacy (B.Pharm). May 1995.
- Graduate - Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Pharmacology/Toxicology. Master’s of Science in Pharmacology and Toxicology. September 1997 – August 1999.
- Thesis: The Role of several kinases in mice tolerant to delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Doctoral - Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine (M.D.). May 2004.
- Post-Doctoral - Internship in Internal medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center. July 2004 – June 2005.
CERTIFICATATIONS AND LICENSURE:
- Musculoskeletal Exam and Treatment Techniques, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Medical Review Officer, Certified by American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Commonwealth of Virginia, license to practice medicine and surgery.
- Commonwealth of Virginia, license to practice pharmacy.
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Licensure Exam (NABPLEX) question writer.
- National Academy of Sciences, Science & Entertainment Exchange Consultant.
- CBS Criminal Minds.
- Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Peer Review Board.
- DynaMed Editorial Team Reviewer. http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed.
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS:
- DynaMed Editorial Team. Lee, M (Reviewer). Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome. Last updated 2012 05 01. Available from DynaMed: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed.
- DynaMed Editorial Team. Lee, M (Reviewer). Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning. Last updated 2012 06 21. Available from DynaMed: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed.
- DynaMed Editorial Team. Lee, M (Reviewer). Anti-Cholinergic Poisoning. Last updated 2012 11 27. Available from DynaMed: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Assessment of Marijuana Intoxication. Matthew C. Lee, MD, RPh, MS. October 4th, 2010. www.HGExperts.com, and www.ExpertPages.com.
- Quantum Free Will. Matthew Lee. New Scientist. September 1st-7th; 195(2619):25.
- The Role of Several Kinases in Mice Tolerant to Delta-9 Tetrahyrdocannabinol. M. Lee, D. Stevens, S. Welch. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2003 May; 305(2):593-9. http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/305/2/593.full.pdf+html
- The Effects of Blocking Several Kinases in Δ9-THC Tolerance. Matthew C. Lee, David L. Stevens and Sandra P. Welch. Virginia Academy of Sciences May 1999.
- Reversing Δ9-THC Antinociceptive Tolerance by Inhibiting the
- Phosphorylation of the CB1 Receptor. Matthew C. Lee, David L.
- Stevens and Sandra P. Welch. FASEB, 1999.
- The Role of Several Kinases in Mice Tolerant to Δ9-THC. Matthew C. Lee, David L. Stevens and Sandra P. Welch. International Cannabinoid Research Society, 1999.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Distinguished Service Award. Virginia Commonwealth University.
- University Leadership Award. Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Local Association President’s Award. Virginia Pharmacist’s Association.
- Professionalism Award. American Pharmaceutical Association/McNeil Consumer Products.
- Allen and Hanbury’s Pride in Pharmacy Scholarship Award.
- Physician Volunteer, Fan Free Clinic, Richmond, VA.
- Foundations of Clinical Medicine Assistant Instructor.
- Professionalism Workshop Group Leader.
- Virginia Pharmacist’s Association Board of Directors.
- Tri-City Literacy Council, President of the Board of Directors.
- Speaker’s Bureau for the Pitt County (North Carolina) AIDS Service Organization (PICASO).
- American College of Clinical Pharmacology
- American College of and Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Pharmacists Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
- American Society of Pharmacy Law