Mr. Brent M. Longnecker
Resources Consulting Group
6605 Cypresswood Drive
Spring Texas, 77379
He has decades of experience in the analysis, design and implementation of innovative performance, productivity-enhancement and cost-savings programs. His consulting engagements with numerous CEOs, Boards of Directors, investment bankers, attorneys and certified public accountants for all major industries have embraced a wide range of operational, organizational, strategic and ethical business issues.
Resources Consulting Group
He has over 20 years of experience in the analysis, design and implementation of innovative performance, productivity-enhancement and cost-savings programs. His consulting engagements with numerous CEOs, Boards of Directors, investment bankers, attorneys and certified public accountants for all major industries have embraced a wide range of operational, organizational, strategic and ethical business issues.
He is unique in that he serves in all the following capacities:
· Board of Director · Expert Witness
· Executive · Teacher
· Consultant · Author
His experience as a consultant, an executive, a director, teacher, author and expert witness uniquely positions he and Resources Consulting Group to provide consulting advise on complex human resources issues from a variety of perspectives and with an understanding of the viewpoint of all parties involved.
Business Advisory Expertise
He has extensive experience in providing the following services:
* Strategic planning related to corporate human resources, ethics and operational issues.
· Human resource department audits, reengineering and outsourcing.
· Performance/Productivity-enhancement analysis and training.
· Compensation and human resources planning with regard to mergers and acquisitions, initial public offers (IPOs), leveraged buyouts (LBOs) and spin-offs.
· Analysis and design of compensation programs for directors, executives and employees for a variety of industries throughout the world.
* International human resources consulting for expatriates, third country nationals and nationals. He has also worked extensively with non-U.S. firms that have invested in the U.S. and have human resources issues of significance.
* Ethics planning, corporate governance; analysis and training.
· Investment banking fee analysis and design.
· Corporate defense against unreasonable compensation allegations,
typically raised by:
· The Internal Revenue Service
· Government regulators (OTS, DCAA, PUC, FDIC, FHLBB, SEC)
· Special emphasis on start-ups and turnarounds.
· Employment contract negotiations and mediation.
He also has considerable “expert witness” experience, including significant deposition and trial testimony. Areas in which he has expressed expert opinions include:
* Wrongful discharge or pay inequity
* Estate planning compensation
* Government defense contractor compensation
* FLSA (exempt vs. nonexempt) audits
* Wrongful death
* Bankruptcy compensation
* Structured settlement funding
* Golden parachute/severance
* Employment contracts
* Non-compete agreements
· Board of Directorships
Board of Directorships
He is and has been appointed to several Board of Directors and Advisory committees to Boards over the years where he typically chairs the HR or Compensation Committee..
· In 2000, He was referred to the Department of Labor (DOL) as one of the top executive compensation professionals in the United States. The DOL interviewed him and several other candidates to be a special Advisory Expert to the Federal Economic Statistical Advisory Committee (FESAC) on the subject of “valuing long-term incentives.” He was chosen and now assists them and other government agencies in this important area.
· In 2001, He was asked by WorldatWork, as a result of his being considered one of the top equity experts in the United States, to be their Technical Advisor on their new equity-oriented course – T11. He accepted and is responsible for insuring the technical detail is correct on this and other equity offering for WorldatWork. In addition, he has been asked to create an advanced course for 2003 and to author a new book for WorldatWork on equity equivalents.
· In 2001, He was asked by a company to be on the Blue Ribbon Commission on Ethics for Human Resource professionals across the globe.
· In 2003, He was asked by a company to be on a seven person taskforce to address HR issues presented by congress and other regulatory commissions.
Master of Business Administration, University of Houston, August 1979. Areas of concentration: Management, Human Resources.
Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Houston, December 1977. Areas of concentration: Marketing, Finance.
Selected for Beta Gamma Sigma, the national business honor society.
President of a company as an Executive Vice President of Resources Connection, and participated in the management led buyout of a Company. He is responsible for directing broad corporate activities toward achieving corporate objectives in accordance with policies established by the Chief Executive Officer. Also, given primary responsibility in developing the Human Capital Solutions Group service line.
He held two key positions within Deloitte & Touche:
· National Principal-In-Charge for the Performance Management and Compensation Consulting Practice of Deloitte & Touche
· Principal-In-Charge for the Human Resource Strategies Group (Performance Management & Compensation, Learning & Development, Organizational Performance and Communication for the Mid American Region)
While at Deloitte & Touche, He and his team received many operational awards including "Best Operating Office”, “Best Service Line”, and “Best Service Line Group”. He also received a Top Marketing Award for his creation and trademarking of an idea taken to market successfully.
Prior to Deloitte & Touche, he engaged in the practice of compensation, human resources and benefits consulting for KPMG Peat Marwick where he was a partner. He has also been an owner/operator/director of several firms including an NASD broker-dealer, a financial planning firm and a real estate development firm.
Finally, he has also worked as a professional manager in the areas of human resources, compensation, training and development, and benefits for two energy companies immediately after completing college.
He has authored over 130 articles in his career. They center around human resources, executive compensation, governance and ethical issues. A detailed account of these articles is available upon request.
Articles Featured In
He is quoted frequently in the media on a myriad of issues. He is often quoted in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Workforce Magazine as well as many other local and national publications.
“Stock Option Alternatives,” A Strategic and Technical Guide of Long-Term Incentives in Today’s Volatile Market, WorldatWork 2003.
A Practitioner’s Guide to Stock Option Plan Administration, WorldatWork, 2002.
“Board Of Director Executive Compensation Summary,” co-author John Nash, 1993.
Deloitte & Touche’s Executive Compensation Catalog - 1996, key contributor.
Business, The Bible and You, 1993.
Miracles in Our Midst: Proof Positive God Is Among Us, 1993.
Certifications and Licenses
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
Certified Benefits Professional (CBP)
He is two courses shy of his Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) designation.
Awarded additional certificates of proficiency by WorldatWork (formerly the American Compensation Association) in:
· Executive Compensation
· Base Salary Administration
· Benefits Administration
Professional Activities and Memberships
WorldatWork (formerly the American Compensation Association), Member and Instructor
Classes being taught:
· Total Compensation Management
· Executive Compensation
· Advance Executive Compensation
· Alternative Rewards
· Equity Rewards (designed course)
Center for Professional Education (CPE), Past instructor
· Introduction to Compensation and Benefits
· Executive Compensation (developed this course)
· Outsourcing (developed this course)
· Performance Measurement
· Benefit Program Compliance
· The Hiring Decision
Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Past Instructor
· Management and Human Resources
· Compensation Management
National Association Corporate Directors, Member
National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP), Member
Gulf Coast United Way, Human Resources Committee (1990-1994)
· Awarded Certificate of Appreciation
Dallas Red Cross, Human Resources Committee (1987-1989)
· Awarded two National Citations for Exceptional Volunteer Service
Worldwide Christian Outreach, Co-Chairman
The Star 12 Foundation, Chairman