Mr. Mark A. Stover
Mr. Mark A. Stover
2727B N. Greenview
Chicago IL, 60614
I design, build and lead sales organizations to improve revenues and profits of companies in the consumer durable industry. I create an environment where individuals succeed and have fun.
Sales and Marketing Executive with a 20+ year track record of increasing revenues and improving the financial performance of international and domestic businesses. Proven executive management success in channel management, the assessment of market trends and opportunities, and the development and leadership of marketing and sales initiatives that lead to competitive advantage and market share dominance.
Strategic MarketPlanning: Proven successful in the analysis of market, product and competitive situations and the design and leadership of marketing and sales initiatives that enhance product recognition and drive the bottom-line.
Breadth of Knowledge: Expertise in organizational design, talent assessment, channel management: specialty dealer, distributor and retail, domestic and international, growth with P&L experience.
Leadership & Staff Development: Effective leader with experience building marketing and sales teams, establishing a high performance culture, developing compensation plans that reward performance and invest in development and retention.
Customer RelationshipManagement: Able to assess customers needs and develop customer focused programs that retain and further penetrate customer accounts. Successful in creating customer partnerships and the negotiating of multi-year agreements.
REPUBLIC WINDOWS & DOORS, Chicago, Illinois 2005
- Vice President of Residential Sales Responsible for leading, directing, managing a direct sales organization and customer service department to support and grow sales revenues of $83MM.
- Built strong disciplines in account management and time management that improved incoming orders by 12%.
- Reinvigorated the sales team by introducing a consultative selling approach and SFA.
- Lead organizational change by integrating field sales, customer service, and technical support to aggressively engage the customer as the gateway to Republic Window & Doors.
INVISIBLE TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Garrett, Indiana 2004
- Vice President of Invisible Fence Brand Key responsibility was to grow the Invisible Fence Brand through effective leadership of the distributor/dealer network.
- Total sales of $30MM, with 10% growth in 2004.
- Responsible for direct marketing, brand marketing, distributor channel management, P&L accountability, and product development. Lead and managed a sales, service and marketing team to support 11 national distributors and 260 dealers.
BRUNSWICK CORPORATION, Lake Forest, Illinois 1983-2003
Vice President of Americas Sales & Service Brunswick Bowling (2002 2003)
- Responsible for developing, directing, managing and implementing strategic and tactical sales, marketing and field service plans for capital products group in $402MM division of $4.2B company.
- Direct responsibility for management of all sales and field service functions in Americas, including direct sales & service, marketing, distributor sales & service, training and development, budgeting, forecasting and P&L.
- Implemented balanced scorecard concept to define, measure and control sales and service initiatives.
- Developed highly focused channel management program for direct and sales agent selling systems.
- Improved standard margins by $2.4MM, a 19.4% increase on Capital sales of $40.9MM by aggressively managing pricing, commission payouts, distribution costs and freight recapture programs.
- Division contribution improved by $3.4MM. Service department generated additional $220K in profits by improving gross margins 3.8pts, a 23.8% increase and generating additional profits by selling added value service packages.
- Designed innovative incentive plans for direct and sales agent selling systems to smooth out sales cycles.
- Developed baseline for customer and employee satisfaction metrics and surveys.
Vice President of North American and South American Sales Brunswick Bowling (1998 2002)
- Responsible for developing, managing and implementing all strategic and tactical sales and marketing plans for capital equipment, proprietary software, and consumer and after market products.
- Direct responsibility for all sales management including direct and distributor sales, training and development, budgeting, forecasting and P&L.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive route to market strategy, utilizing direct and distributor channels to deliver $130MM of capital, consumer and after-market products to marketplace.
- Sold to K-Mart, Sports Authority, Dicks Sporting Goods etc.
- Improved sales & marketing efficiencies through aggressive sales force automation program.
- Sales increased 25%, 24% and 11% respectively from 1998- 2000 Implemented concept of "Revenue Management" through new incentive compensation plan and key market analysis of customer purchasing trends.
- Reorganized sales management team to emphasis key account management, while improving customer service to support increased sales activity.
- Supervised 6 Directors, 42 direct sales reps, 4 admin, and 47 distributors.
Vice President & General Manager Brunswick Billiards (1997 - 1998)
- Responsible for P&L of $33MM division including 200 domestic and 30 international dealers.
- Set new strategic direction and drove top performing team of design engineers, sales, marketing, and logistic employees.
- Re-imaged and built new strategic vision to focus on customer requirements. Increased revenues 10% by creating dealer loyalty program to strengthen network and purge non-performers.
- Delivered double digit growth in revenues and profits by focusing on new product development Improved from introducing 6 new designs in 1997 to 17 new designs in 1998. Initiated aggressive low cost sourcing strategy that saved $1MM in annual costs or 4.5%
- Enhanced brand image and focused on process management best practices to reclaim quality image.
- Implemented assertive pull database marketing strategy using billiard customer profile analysis.
- Re-aligned sales, marketing, customer service and distribution departments to meet needs of marketplace.
Director of Worldwide Sales Brunswick Bowling (1995 - 1997)
- Oversaw all functions of $211MM worldwide sales and administration operations.
- Monitored all sales and operational budgets to ensure profitability.
- The Route to market system included direct, distributors and joint ventures based on regional sales and service requirements.
- Special focus on sales growth in Asia and Europe.
Director of Canadian Sales Brunswick Bowling (1992 - 1995)
Midwest Region Capital Equipment Manager (1991 1992) Area Sales Manager (1983 - 1991)
IDS AMERICAN EXPRESS - Financial Sales Representative 1982 1983
- Achieved Series 6, 7 and 63 licenses to sell securities and insurance to the general public.
U-HAUL INTERNATIONAL - Manager 1979 1982
- Led retail and rental operational functions with P&L responsibilities.
- MBA in Marketing and Finance, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois 1992
- BS in Finance, Illinois State University Normal, Illinois 1979
- Various Executive Programs at Kellogg, Thunderbird, Darden and York Universities (CDN)
- Six Sigma Green Belt