Dan L. Vogel
Dan L. Vogel Consulting
Edmond OK, 73083
Retired FBI Special Agent with 27 years of Federal law enforcement experience (15 years as an FBI Profiler) Reasonable rates.
Retired FBI Special Agent with 27 years of Federal law enforcement experience specializing in premises liability, adequacy of security, security misconduct, negligent hiring, crime foreseeability, crime risk analysis, crime scene analysis, negligence relating to injury/death in workplace violence, serial rape, serial homicide, infant abduction, kidnapping, extortion, threats, equivocal death, false allegations, police and FBI procedures. Masters degree and extensive FBI training.
- Bachelor Degree (Business Administration), Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (1970).
- Masters Degree (Administration of Justice), California Lutheran College, Thousand Oaks, California (1980).
FBI PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Management Aptitude Program 11/79
- Special Agent Applicant Interview Board 1/84
- Undercover Operations Seminar 4/84
- Media Representative In-Service 9/84
- Bank Failure Seminar 10/85
- Drug Demand Reduction Seminar 12/88
- Police Instructor Development Course 2/89
- Drug Demand Reduction Conference 2/90
- Employee Assistance Program Seminar 5/90, 5/91, 1/93
- Applicant Coordinator In-Service 2/95
- Critical Incident Response Training 8/98
NATIONAL CENTER FOR THE ANALYSIS OF VIOLENT CRIME (NCAVC) TRAINING
- Basic Profile Coordinator Course 11/85
- Intermediate Profile Coordinator Course 2/87
- VICAP International Homicide Conference 6/88
- Advanced Criminal Investigative
- Analysis Course 4/89
- International Homicide Investigator’s
- Symposium 10/90
NCAVC COORDINATOR’S CONFERENCES:
- Kansas City, Missouri 5/88
- Minneapolis, Minnesota 9/88
- Austin, Texas 6/89
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin 9/89
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 5/90
Has appeared on television programs “America’s Most Wanted”, “Current Affair”, “The History Channel” and “Unsolved Mysteries”, in connection with Oklahoma FBI cases; numerous appearances on Oklahoma television and radio stations in connection with investigative activities of the FBI; name and photograph appeared in November 15, 1993 Business Week magazine article regarding fugitive case. Responsible for responding to local, national, and international media as FBI spokesman in connection with investigation into the April 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
- Participated in FBI nationwide Infant Abduction research project which involved interviews of females who had been convicted of abducting infants from hospitals and residences.
- Participated in FBI nationwide Child Abductor/Killer research project which involved interviews of persons who had been convicted of abducting and killing children.
- April 5, 1992 - Lend A Hand Parent Child Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse Recognition, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- February 4, 1995 - Federal Black Program Council Unity in the Community Nomination for Outstanding Service Award, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- March 15, 1995 - Recognition for Participation in Federal Women’s Program in Celebration of Women’s History Month Recognition, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- September 7, 1995 - Distinguished Achievement Award, Oklahoma City Chapter of the Military order of the World Wars, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- October 1, 1996 - recognized as Distinguished Bexley High School Alumni, Columbus, Ohio.
- June 26, 1998 - nominated for FBI’s Thomas E. DuHadway Humanitarian Award in connection with efforts for employees and family members after the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing in April 1995.
- June 22, 2005 - 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award, Oklahoma County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for Abused and Neglected Children.
- March 8, 2008 - Volunteer of the Year, Citizens Caring for Children, Edmond, OK.
Special Agent (First Lieutenant), United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina (1970-1972); Staff Accountant, Arthur Andersen and Company, Columbus, Ohio (1973-1974); Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation, White Collar Crime and Terrorism, Los Angeles, California (1975-1983); Special Agent, FBI, National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime Coordinator, White Collar Crime, Media Coordinator, Employee Assistance Program Coordinator, Applicant Coordinator, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (1983 to 2000); Litigation Consulting, 2000 to present.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (PARTIAL):
- NCAVC Basic Criminal Investigative Analysis In-Service;Fraud in Government Programs In-Service, FBI Academy,Quantico, Virginia;
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Oklahoma City,Oklahoma;
- College of Public Health, University of Oklahoma HealthScience Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Christian College of Science and Arts, Oklahoma City, OK;
- Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK
- Children’s Hospital of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK;
- Oklahoma Department of Corrections Annual Conference, Tulsa, OK;
- Kansas Court Reporter’s Annual State Convention, Wichita, Kansas;
- U.S. Probation and Parole, Oklahoma City, OK;
- Second Utah Conference on Violence, Ogden, Utah;
- Rose State College, Midwest City, OK;
- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK;
- Oklahoma Court Reporter’s Annual Convention, Tulsa, OK;
- Norman Regional Hospital, Norman, OK;
- Oklahoma Federal Executive Board Seminar, Oklahoma City, OK;
- Eight State Violent Crimes/Death Investigation Seminar, Lenexa, Kansas;
- Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee Violent CrimeConference, Biloxi, Mississippi;
- Continuing Professional Education, Office of the Auditor and Inspector, State of Oklahoma, Oklahoma, OK;
- Oklahoma University, Norman, OK;
- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK.
- Presentations regarding “Infant Abductions” made to eighteen hospitals and one law enforcement agency in Oklahoma during the period August 31, 1990 to April 21, 1993. In September 1997, consulted with the Victoria Police Department, Melbourne, Australia regarding the handling of media response in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing case.
PUBLICATIONS (WRITTEN AND VIDEO):
- Contributing author, “For Hospital Professionals: Guidelines on Preventing Abduction of Infants from the Hospital”, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Arlington, Virginia, March 1991.
- Participated as a presenter in two video tapes regarding “Workplace Violence” produced by the Satellite Training Network, Oklahoma Department of Human Services, April and June 1995.
- Contributing author, “National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime Field Coordinators Handbook”, published by the FBI, September 1996.
- Contributing author, “An Analysis of Infant Abductions’, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, July 2003.
- Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI. (May 2012 to present)
- International Homicide Investigators Association (not current).
- FBI Agent’s Association (not current).
- Board of Directors, Starting Right (Drug/Alcohol Educational Coalition), Oklahoma City, OK (1992-1993).
- Member, Tobacco Free Oklahoma Coalition, Oklahoma City, OK (1993 to 1999).
- Member of Education Committee, Governor’s Drug and Alcohol Policy Board, State of Oklahoma (1992-1993).
- Member of Oklahoma Committee on Violence and Public Health, 1993.
- Member, Weed and Seed Steering Committee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 1996-1998.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for Abused andNeglected Children, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma (June 2000 - August 2008).
- Mentor, Oklahoma City Public Schools, Oklahoma City,Oklahoma (1995 to 2007).
- Volunteer, Positive Tomorrows, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (March 2007 to May 2011).
- Volunteer, Citizens Caring for Children, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (May 2007 to present).
- Testified for the plaintiff in U.S. District Court, LosAngeles criminal case involving conspiracy, fraud by wire, and mail fraud against five defendants. (1975)
- Deposition provided for the plaintiff in premises liability case involving the murder of a young female who was employed in a shopping center in Florida. (2001)
- Deposition provided for the plaintiff in premises liability case in which young female was attacked and raped in her apartment in Texas (2005).
- Deposition provided for plaintiff in premises liability case in which a young man lost an eye in a nightclub in Texas (June 2005).
- Deposition provided for plaintiff in premises liability case in which a young female was abducted from a bus stop in Arizona. (August 2005).
- Deposition provided for plaintiff in wrongful death case, Altus, Oklahoma. (March 2006).
- Qualified as expert and testified for the plaintiff in wrongful death case in Jackson County District Court, Altus, Oklahoma. (April 2006)
- Pro Bono consultation on attempted abduction case for Public Defender’s Office, Broward County, Florida. (October 2006)
- Consulted for defendant and provided affidavit for felony drug case in Oklahoma County District Court, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. (January 2007)
- Consulted with Newsweek International Magazine, Paris, France regarding recent internet scams to obtain personal information by making E-Mail threats. (January 2007)
- Pro Bono consultation on equivocal death of middle aged white female in Florida. (October 2007)
- Pro Bono consultation on equivocal death of young white male in Michigan. (November 2007)
- Pro Bono consultation regarding mysterious deaths of four males in Oklahoma and other states. (March 2008)
- Consultation with PhD student at University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia who traveled to the United States for a profiling research project. (March 2008)
- Consultation with NBC Channel 26, Greenbay, Wisconsin regarding October 2007 mass murder in which a deputy sheriff killed six people and then allegedly shot himself. (March - May 2008)
- Consultation with the CNN Anderson Cooper Show regarding New York fugitive Samuel Israel III; was requested to appear on the show but had to decline due to other obligations. (June 2008)
- Consultation/Interview with Valley News Dispatch, Tarentum, Pennsylvania re 15 year old homicide of 74 year old female which remains unsolved. (July 2008)
- Pro bono consultation regarding Minneapolis police officer suspended from his position for questioning police policies and procedures. (November, December 2009)
- Retained by plaintiff in Phoenix for analysis of Phoenix Police Department records regarding crime at his business location and similar businesses in Phoenix. (December 2009) Deposition provided April 5, 2010.
- Retained by plaintiff who was fired by the Minneapolis
- Police Department (MPD) after questioning veracity of FBI/
- MPD Task Force informant. (March 1, 2011)
- Consulted with defendant attorney in sexual assault case in Houston, Texas. (July 2011)
- Pro bono consultation re child missing from Bethany, OK since 1968. (December 2009 – June 2012). Child located and identified after 44 years. DNA confirmed his relationship to his biological mother. This is the longest parental abduction missing child case in US history where homicide was not suspected.
- Pro Bono consultation with McClain County Sheriff’s Office, Purcell, OK re person missing from Goldsby, OK since July 19, 2011. (September - December 2011).
- Consulted with reporter from The Portland Press Herald regarding the disappearance of a 20 month old female from her residence on December 17, 2011 at Watertown, Maine. (December 2011)
- Consulted with an OKC attorney regarding the alleged use of excessive force by a sheriff’s deputy who made an arrest in a drunk driving case. (February 2012)
- Retained by defendant on above case. (March 2012) Case scheduled to go to trial in May 2012. Judge issued Summary Judgement for the defendant.
- Consulted with father whose daughter died of an alleged suicide in Newcastle, OK two and one half years ago. Father thinks she may have been murdered. No investigation by PD and no autopsy. (April 2012).
- Consulted with Choctaw, Oklahoma PD regarding child abduction case in 1994. (June 2012).
- Pro Bono work on premises liability issue in park area in Edmond, OK. (July, August, November 2012)
- Consultation with Oklahoma State Representative about issues of interest. (August 2012)
- Consulted with plaintiff attorney re jail death in Illinois which was ruled a suicide but appears to be murder. (August 2012)
- Pro Bono consultation with defendant attorney office re sexual assault in Tulsa County. Defendant plead to a reduced charge in December 2012.
- Pro Bono work for author Peter Lance for his new book, Deal with the Devil. (November 2012)
January 2002 and May 2003 - testified for the state in Oklahoma County Juvenile Court in termination of parental rights trials.