Mr. Robert W Wenger, Jr.
AB Real Estate & Business Services
P.O. Box 340594
Sacramento CA, 95834
Areas of Expertise
- Business & Agricultural Loans, Lines of Credit and Real Estate Loans
- Business Banking Relationships
- Business Credit Analysis
- Loan Documentation
- Business Enterprise Economic Analysis
- Loan & Real Estate Due Diligence
- Real Estate Purchase & Sale Transactions
- Loan Foreclosures
- Problem Loan Management
- Real Estate Management
- Over 40 years in commercial and agricultural banking
- Over 10 years as manager of problem loan department
- 3 years as Chapter 11 trustee
- Appointed provisional director for family corporation
- Negotiated dissolution of several joint ventures
- Established property mgmt. company for John Hancock Life Ins. Co.
- Testified in depositions and court in cases for employers, as Chapter 11 trustee, and as an expert
- A. A., Northeastern Jr. College, Sterling, CO
- B. S., Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO
- Housing Counseling Certification, NeighborWorks America
- Contractor License Series, Allied Business Schools
- 7-Course Real Estate Broker Series, University Programs
- Mgmt. Training Series, John Hancock Life Ins. Co.
- Colorado School of Banking, University of Colorado
- Chapter 11 Trustee, U.S. Trustee
- Arbitrator Training, American Arbitration Association
- Toxic and Hazardous Substance, DBS&R
Licenses & Certification
- California Real Estate Broker since 1992
- HUD Certified Housing Counselor since 2006
SEE CASE SYNOPSIS ON WEBSITE.
Owner/Broker, AB Real Estate & Business Services, Sacramento, CA, 2012 – Present
Providing business consulting and expert witness services in the areas of commercial banking & real estate. Also provides counseling services for low income & first time homeowners for Sacramento NeighborWorks, a HUD certified non-profit.
SVP, Credit Administrator, Community Business Bank, West Sacramento, CA, 2009 – 2012
Responsible for management of $105 Million loan portfolio, including loan documentation, financial analysis, credit training, problem loans, foreclosures and OREO. Monitors and recommends changes in allowance for loan and lease losses. The portfolio includes agricultural, commercial and residential loans.
VP, Manager Loan Services Department, Gold Country Bank, NA, Marysville, CA, 2006 - 2009
The Loan Services Department provided loan documentation, centralized financial analysis, transactional loan services and problem loan management services for six branch community bank.
President/Broker, AB Real Estate & Business Services, Inc., Sacramento, CA, 2003 – 2006
Provided business consulting and expert witness services in the areas of commercial banking & real estate. Provided counseling services for low income & first time homeowners for Sacramento NeighborWorks, a HUD certified non-profit.
VP, Sr. Commercial Banking Officer, Washington Mutual Bank, Sacramento, CA, 2000 - 2003
One of two relationship managers developing and underwriting business for new regional commercial banking office. Provided overall customer relationship management by offering a full array of banking products and services and consultation in budgeting and planning for a diversified portfolio of commercial customers. Member of Washington Mutual’s Premier Group, which recognized employees for superior performance.
VP, Agribusiness Coordinator, Wells Fargo Bank, Sacramento, CA 1999 - 2000
Managed agricultural loan portfolio of $80MM in working capital and term commitments to major, diversified farming, ranching and agribusiness operations in Northern California. Provided overall customer relationship management and managed non-agricultural relationships as needed within geographic territory.
VP, Branch Manager, Feather River State Bank, Yuba City, CA 1996 - 1999
Promoted twice to positions of increasing responsibility, becoming manager of one of two vital branches for community bank with assets over $300MM. Branch was responsible for Bank’s SBA loans, equipment leases and non-agricultural commercial loans. Interfaced with note department on loan and lease documentation and with subsidiary leasing company to underwrite, purchase and book leases. Bank’s trade area included 11 offices in Central and Northern California.
Owner/Manager, Wenger & Company, Sacramento, CA, 1992 – 1995
Provided finance, real estate, management, receivership, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee and arbitration and mediation services. Typical geographic territory included Central and Northern California.
VP, Manager-Special Assets, Western Farm Credit Bank, Sacramento, CA 1991 – 1992
Farm Credit, a nationwide GSE, provides credit to the agriculture industry. Managed 11th Farm Credit District real estate investment portfolio of substandard loans and acquired property, including loan servicing, collections, workouts, foreclosures, property management and sales. The region served was California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Hawaii.
Sr. Agricultural Investment Officer, John Hancock Life Insurance, Sacramento, CA 1977 – 1991
Promoted twice to positions of increasing responsibility, relocating from the High Plains region and becoming manager of the Sacramento region. Managed California and Hawaii real estate investment portfolio, including origination, customer service, collections, workouts, foreclosures and managed joint venture and company-owned agricultural property.