Dr. C. J Abraham
Dr. C. J. Abraham, Director - U.S. and Canada
3 Baker Hill Road
Great Neck NY, 11023
35 years of international experience in safety, personal injury, products liability, warnings, human factors and manufacturing.
BIO / Resume / CV:
EW #544 has over 35 years of experience in new product development human factor factors manufacturing packaging standards warnings and instructions OSHA slips trips & falls slip trip fall safety engineering products liability industrial hygiene engineering.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
AREAS OF EXPERTISE (Technical)
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- P. E. - Licensed Professional Engineer (Safety Engineering)
- CPC, CChE - Certified Professional Chemist & Chem. Engineer (National Inst. of Chemists & Chemical Engineers)
- FRSC, CChem - Chartered Chemist and Fellow (Royal Institute of Chemistry, London, England)
- DEE, IH - Diplomate, American Academy of Environmental Engineers, Industrial Hygiene Engineer
- FTI, Ctext - Fellow, The Textile Institute (Manchester, England)
- Certified - Arson Detection by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (U.S. Dept. of the Treasury)
- Certified - Chemical Engineer #0118-003-3, The American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- BCFE - Board Certified Forensic Examiner
- Fellow - American College of Forensic Examiners
- Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Engineering & Technology
- MS (physical organic chemistry)
- Ph.D. (organic chemistry)
- D.Sc. (Administrative Management)
- Juris Doctorate
- Permanent Certification, University of the State of NY - Chem., Physics, Math, Gen. Science
- Notary - Nassau County, New York
AREAS OF EXPERTISE (Technical)
- Experience in new product development, manufacturing, packaging, standards, warnings and instructions.
- Extensive experience in the identification, elimination and control of hazards to people and property . This includes the development, establishment, manufacturing, construction, assembly, testing, operation, training and procedures including manuals, environmental engineering and industrial hygiene, warnings & instructions for consumer products.
- Authority in the fields of products liability, OSHA, and safety engineering.
- Contributing author to the PRODUCT DEFECT HANDBOOK.
- Published papers in the areas of fires, explosions (gas, bottle, battery), plastics, toxic torts, flammable fabrics, safety engineering and design, sports safety, household and industrial product safety.
- Patentee of many products, including protective headgear (face mask used in football - licensed to Riddell), enhancement of energy absorption for protective headgear and equipment, safety shields for batteries, insulation materials used on missiles, household products, and non-toxic insect repellents worldwide. Copyright Registrations in the areas of battery warnings and instructions, toxic materials, household products and insect repellents.
- Experienced in animal and human health products, new product development, EPA, product data specifications, testing and analysis.
- Consulted to ABC and CBS News, the Department of Agriculture (Bureau of Mines) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Consulted to the Department of Labor (OSHA).
- Consultant to national major chain stores as a risk analysis specialist.
- Member of the Advisory Board - World Congress on Industrial, Technical, and High Performance Textiles (Great Britain); Member of the Advisory Board - American Board of Engineering and Technology (USA).
- Member, Architectural Review Board, Village of
- Over 81 publications and presentations.
- Patentee of products produced and used throughout the world (over 30).
- Lectured and taught at various universities in the United States and Europe.
- Risk and human factors consultant to Hudson Bay stores, Canada.
- Consultant on Warnings & Instructions to the Unified Abrasives Manufacturer's Association.
- Member of ISO/TC 181/SC- Safety of Toys.
- Member of the ASTM (1964-present).
- Former Director of Sports, Recreation & the Athletics Division of a national consulting firm for twenty-eight years.
- Experienced in the identification, elimination, and control of hazards in recreation facilities, parks and school environments.
- Directly involved with sports & recreation safety standards, safety and design analysis of protective equipment, consumer products, warnings and instructions .
- Consulted to municipalities on park & recreation facilities, and Set Makers, Inc., the manufacturer of recreation facilities for Burger King and McDonald's restaurants .
- Member of the Executive Committee and consultant in the area of engineering and human factors to the Hockey Equipment Certification Council (HECC).
- U.S. Delegate - International Standards Organization (ISO).
- HECC liaison to USA Hockey.
- Member and consultant to the Safety & Protective Equipment Committee (SPEC) of USA Hockey.
- Inventor of the Bio-Lite football facemask licensed to Riddell.
- Creator of warnings and instructions for many sports products .
- USPTA-certified tennis instructor (United States Professional Tennis Association).
- Consulted to Lobster, Inc. on safety and warnings (High speed tennis machine).
- Diplomate - American Board of Forensic Examiners in Sports & Recreational Safety.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Sports & Recreation)
Apparel & Textile Industry
Brick, Stone & Ceramic
Chemistry & Chemicals
Civil Engineering (all areas)
Fires & Explosions
Fireworks & Pyrotechnics
Household & Industrial Products
Paints & Coatings
Parks & Playground Accidents
Patent & Trademark Issues
Safety - Human Factors
Safety - OSHA
Slips, Trips & Falls
Swimming Pool Accidents
Toy Safety Design
Warnings & Instructions (for all products)
EPA - Regulations and compliance in the United States and Health Departments internationally.
Creation of formulations for human and animal health products.
New product development, manufacturing and packaging.
Schedule of Fees for Expert #544
Retainer Policy----------------------$3000.00 retainer with all the documents and evidence relating
to the subject case.
Consulting /Analysis (non-testimonial)-$250.00 per hour
Deposition and in Court(testimonial)----$3,500.00 per day and any part thereof (paid 10 business
days prior to the scheduled deposition and / or testimony )
Travel Policy---------------------------Airfare ,meals,lodgings,car rental, to be paid at cost
Misc.-----------------------------------No consulting charge by air travel,$250.00 per hour plus
milage for automobile travel (portal to portal)
Recreational Injuries Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Metallurgy Material Sciences Parks Playgrounds School Playground Institutional Supervision Slip Trip Fall Sports Recreation Aquatics Toxic Toxicology Transportation Highway Safety Vocational Rehabilitation Warnings Instructions Amusement Parks Amusement Rides Ride Defect Analysis Aviation Aerospace Apparel Textiles Textile Flammable Fabrics Flammability Biomedical Biomechanical Injury Analysis Human Factors Boating Biomechanics Marine Safety Pwc Sailing Chemicals Industrial Chemicals Civil Structural Failures Construction Site Accidents Sciences Firearms Explosives Fires Explosions Batteries Gases Liquids Fire Investigations Flammability Clothing Furnishings Motorcyle Helmet Bicycle Helmet Sports Helmet Football Helmet Hockey Helmet Helmet Industrial Laboratory Services Machinery Industrial Accidents Medical Devices Medical Emergency Emt
aerospace, amusement parks, amusement rides, apparel, aquatics, aviation, batteries, bicycle helmet, biomechanical, biomechanics, biomedical, boating, chemicals, civil structural failures, construction site accidents, electrical engineering, emt, explosions, explosives, fire investigations, firearms, fires, flammability, flammability clothing, flammable fabrics, football helmet, furnishings, gases, helmet, highway, hockey helmet, human factors, industrial, industrial accidents, industrial chemicals, injury analysis, institutional supervision, instructions, laboratory services, liquids, machinery, marine safety, material sciences, mechanical engineering, medical devices, medical emergency, metallurgy, motorcyle helmet, parks, playgrounds, pwc, recreational injuries, ride defect analysis, safety, sailing, school playground, sciences, slip trip fall, sports helmet, sports recreation, textile, textiles, toxic, toxicology, transportation, vocational rehabilitation, warnings