Mrs. Rebecca M. Boadway
Exemplar Legal Nurse Consulting
12347 5th Street
Yucaipa CA, 92399
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Screening, reviewing and analyzing medical records; conducting literature research, integrating reports with standards of care into case analysis, and more.
- 24 years of nursing experience in ambulatory care, outpatient surgery and procedures, pediatrics, critical care transport, surgical/trauma/neurosurgery intensive care, home health, medical-surgical care, cardiology and consulting.
- Team leader in post-anesthesia care, critical care transport, and medical-surgical units.
- Assistant Manager for Cardiac Catheterization Lab and VA Transfer Coordinator.
- Managed care of patients in all age groups, from infants to the elderly.
2007-now Legal Nurse Consulting
- Screening cases for merit.
- Reviewing medical records and producing appropriate reports.
- Performing research as indicated.
- Defining applicable standards of care, including deviations from and adherences to standards of care.
- Assessing alleged damages and/or injuries, identifying factors that caused or contributed to alleged injury, and more.
- Identify and review relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, other essential documents and tangible items.
- Consult with healthcare providers.
2008-now Home Health Nurse, Case Manager, Redlands Community Hospital
- Perform assessment of patients in the home environment.
- Obtain blood draws as required.
- Contact physician regarding status of patient, providing appropriate intervention as needed, with follow up care.
- Facilitated transport to emergency room as needed.
- Appropriate documentation of care, assessment, and intervention.
- Patient teaching for medications, disease processes and safety.
2005-2007 Loma Linda Outpatient Surgery Center, Staff Nurse, Team Leader, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Loma Linda, CA
- Responsible for facilitating pre-operative assessment and preparation of patients (IV starts, coordinating test results review).
- Responsible for quality care and patient, physician and staff satisfaction for the outpatient surgery unit, ECT (Electroconvulsive Therapy) Clinic and Pain Clinic. Included Post-anesthesia Care.
- Provided critical intervention for children and adults in emergency situations and facilitated admission to hospital as needed.
- Provided discharge teaching, follow up calls and appropriate intervention.
2002-2006 Loma Linda Pediatric Observation Unit, Staff Nurse, Loma Linda Children's Hospital Outpatient Unit, Loma Linda, CA
- Responsible for assessment and preparation of pediatric patients prior to surgery and procedures (IV starts, drawing labs, reviewing results).
- Assisted physicians with treatments and procedures.
- Monitored patients during and after procedures.
- Facilitated follow up care, appointments, referrals, and emergency intervention as needed.
- Interacting with physicians, residents and patient's parents.
- Conducted chart audits.
2000-2002 Loma Linda Critical Care Transport Team, Staff Nurse/Team Leader for in-house patient transports, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Responsible for responding to Trauma Calls in a Level 1 Trauma Center to assist with initial care and transport of adult and pediatric patients to diagnostic areas, operating room, or admitting unit.
- Responsible for facilitating and expediting diagnostic studies and procedures for acute care and ICU patients.
- Responsible for assessing pediatric patients for airway status and appropriate sedation orders as needed for diagnostic studies.
- Responsible for monitoring adult and pediatric patients while administering sedation and paralyzing agents during procedures, and provided emergency intervention as needed.
- Participated in staff, patient and family education in-services.
1997-2000 Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center; Assistant Manager for Diagnostic Cardiac Catheter Lab and Transfer Coordinator's Office, Loma Linda, CA
- Responsible for screening, preparing, and monitoring cardiac patients for procedures, with appropriate intervention as needed.
- Provided surgical assistance with various procedures and pacemaker insertions in a sterile setting.
- Provided case management, referrals, follow up calls and triage.
- Coordinated and managed patient transports between hospital facilities. Hospital wide support as needed.
- Provided monitoring and assessment of patients during transport.
- Reviewed medical records for continuum of care prior to patient transfer.
- Responsible for facilitating patient referrals for specialty services.
1990-1997 Surgical/Trauma/Neurosurgery Intensive Care Unit, Staff Nurse, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Responsible for various types of patients in a critical care setting. Trauma, vascular, neurosurgery, ENT, genitourinary, plastic surgery, orthopedics, spinal, GYN, and abdominal surgeries included.
- Interfaced with physicians and residents regarding treatment, transport, and ancillary cares.
- Facilitated emergency interventions, life support as needed.
- Followed up on diagnostic study and lab results.
- Resource nurse for new nursing staff and student nurses.
- Performed chart audits.
1985-1990 General Surgery Unit, Staff Nurse, Shift Coordinator, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Managed surgical patients received from recovery room, ICU transfers and admissions from emergency room.
- Responsible for overflow trauma, medical, and pediatric patients.
- Shift Coordinator for unit. Assisted with patient placement and staff assignments.
- Responsible for patients under the care of an LVN.
- Registered Nurse, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA
- Medical Secretary, Pacific Union college, Angwin, CA
- Certified Legal Nurse Consultant - CLNC Certification Program, Vickie Milazzo Institute.
- Registered Nurse, California State Board of Nursing.
Critical Care Registered Nurse - American Association of Critical Care Nurses.