Burl Daniel, CPCU, CIC, CRM
Burl Daniel Associates
3417 Hulen, Suite 104
Fort Worth TX, 76107
Insurance Expert Witness; Plaintiff and Defendant consultation. Insurance agency principal 24 years; 32 years Property & Casualty insurance experience
- 2001 CRM - Certified Risk Manager (www.scic.com)
- 1993 CIC - Certified Insurance Counselor (www.scic.com)
- 1989 CPCU - Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (www.aicpcu.org)
- 2004- President, Burl Daniel Associates. Property & Casualty Insurance Expert Witness engaged by Defense & Plaintiff counsel. Professional services include providing analysis and commentary, issuing Insurance Expert Reports, deposition and court testimony.
- 2001-04 Senior Vice President, Frost Insurance Agency, Fort Worth, TX. Responsible for insurance sales & service to clients. Frost is a top 100 national and regional insurance agency.
- 1988-2001 Principal, Milrany Scott/AIS Insurance, Fort Worth, TX. Duties included carrier negotiations, employee management, sales and service to insurance clients. Responsibilities included claims negotiation & acquisition of insurance agencies.
- 1985-87 Board of Directors: Independent Insurance Agents of Tarrant County
- 1984-88 Principal: Burl Daniel General Insurance, Fort Worth, TX. Duties included insurance account sales, service, and claims assistance for Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, Life Insurance, and Employee Benefits.
- 1979-84 Principal: Dickerson-Llewellyn Agency, Fort Worth, TX. Duties involved sales and service to clientele in Personal Lines Insurance, Commercial Insurance, Life Insurance, and Employee Benefits. Integrated several books of insurance customers acquired by agency.
- 1976-79 World travel included Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia, and South America.
- 1975-76 Assistant Insurance and Risk Manager, Gulf States Utilities, Beaumont, TX (primary electric utility from Conroe, TX to Baton Rouge, LA). Responsibilities included managing self-insured & large deductible insurance programs for Property Insurance, Boiler & Machinery, Commercial Auto, Commercial General Liability, Commercial Umbrella & Workers Compensation.
Professional Education & Licenses:
- 2006-07 Adjunct Professor of Insurance and Risk Management - University of North Texas Certified Financial Planner Program
- 1984 Tarrant County College- Insurance Lecturer, INS 21 courses
- 1981-83 Adjunct Professor of Insurance - University of Texas Arlington College of Business
- 1975 Bachelor of Business Administration, Insurance - University of Texas Austin Curriculum included Insurance Principles, Property & Casualty, Risk Management, Actuarial Analysis, Life Insurance, Accounting & Finance.
- Property-Casualty & Risk Manager Licenses (Texas)
Entered insurance industry 1973 - Insurance agency principal for 24 years - Provided insurance advice to clients for all lines of their entire Property & Casualty insurance programs. Expertise includes insurance bad faith, policy design, portfolio review, claims negotiation, premium audits, contract analysis, and risk management.
Areas of Expertise:
- Insurance Agent Error & Omission
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Claims Handling Practices
- Surplus Lines Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial General Liability
- Products Liability Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Property Insurance Expert
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Boiler & Machinery / Equipment Breakdown
- Flood Insurance
- Ocean Marine Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
- Crime Insurance / Fidelity Bonds
- Personal Auto
- Homeowners Insurance
- Watercraft / Boats
- Personal Umbrella
Representative Client Industries:
- Contractors - General & Artisan
- Real Estate
- Wholesale / Warehousing
- Import / Export
- Oil jobbers
- Transportation / Truckers
- Professional Services
- Science and Tech Services
- Computer & Information Technology
- Non -profit organizations
- Insurance Companies
- Wildlife Parks