John R Wilcox Jr MD
Radiology Review Consultants
PO Box A
Athens Texas, PO Box A
7/1974-6/1977 Residency U.S. Naval Hospital San Diego, California Diagnostic Radiology
7/1973-6/1974 Internship U.S. Naval Hospital San Diego, California Rotating Internship
8/1969-5/1973 Medical School University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Dallas, Texas M.D.
2/1966-5/1969 University of Texas Austin, Texas B.S. Electrical Engineering with honors
8/1965-1/1966 Undergraduate Texas Tech University Lubbock, Texas
National Board of Medical Examiners, July 1974
American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, June 1977
American Board of Radiology, Nuclear Radiology, June 1978
American Board of Radiology, Certificate of Added Qualifications in Vascular Interventional Radiology, November1997
Recertification November 2007
Texas, F0824 Florida, ME 99042
4/2004 – present East Texas Medical Center at Athens Staff Radiologist South Hwy 19 Athens, Texas 75751
9/2001 – 3/2004 University of Texas Health Center at Tyler Associate Professor of Radiology 11937 Hwy 271 Tyler, TX 75108
4/2000 – 8/2001 St Johns Medical Center Staff Radiologist 1923 S. Utica Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma 74105
1/1999 – 3/2000 University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Assistant Professor of Radiology 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard Dallas, Texas 75390-9002
1/1996-12/1998 Naval Medical Center Portsmouth Chairman of Department of Radiology 620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth, VA 23708
1/1994-12/1995 Naval Medical Center San Diego Staff Radiologist, Interventional Radiology 34800 Bob Wilson Dr San Diego, CA 92124
6/1989-12/1993 Seton Medical Center Northwest Staff Radiologist 11113 Research Boulevard Austin, TX 78759
4/1983-5/1989 Baylor Medical Center Ennis Staff Radiologist 1405 W Jefferson St Waxahachie, TX 7516
7/1982-3/1983 Seton Medical Center Staff Radiologist 1201 W. 38th St. Austin, TX 7870
7/1980-6/1982Navarro Memorial Hospital Staff Radiologist and Department Head 3201 West Highway 22 Corsicana, TX 75110
7/1977-6/1980U.S. Naval Hospital / University of California San Diego Head of Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound Divisions Clinical Director of Nuclear Medicine Technology Program 34800 Bob Wilson Dr San Diego, CA 92124
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Radiological Society of North America Society of Interventional Radiology Texas Medical Association
Chief of Staff, Baylor Medical Center, Ennis, TX 1/1987-12/1987
Secretary of Ellis County Medical Society 12/1984-12/1988
Chairman of Medical Quality Assurance Baylor Medical Center, Ennis, TX 1/1986-12/1989
Chairman of Medical Quality Assurance Committee Seton Medical Center Northwest 1/1999-12/1993
Director for Quality/Performance Improvement Naval Medical Center, San Diego 6/1994-12/1995
Unofficial Fellowship in Interventional Radiology 1/1994-12/1994 at Naval Medical Center, San Diego, with qualifying practice
1/1995-12/1995, CAQ obtained in 1997 PUBLISHED A.
ARTICLES IN PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
1. Green J, Wilcox J, Marriott S, Halpern S. Thyroid uptake of I-131: Further comparison of capsules and liquid preparations. J Nuc Med, 1975.
2. Wilcox J, Green J, Moniot A. Functional evaluation of a hepatic scintigraphic defect using ultrasound and a fatty meal. J Nuc Med 18:32-33, 1975.
3. Wilcox J, Green J, Moniot A. Bone scanning in the evaluation of exercise related stress injuries. Rad 123:699-703, 1977.
4. Sarlin R, Schillaci R, Georges T, Wilcox J. Focal increased lung perfusion and intrapulmonary veno-arterial shuntin in broncho-alveolar cell carcinoma. Am J Med 68:618-623, 1980.
5. Broderick T, Gosink B, Menuck L, Harris R, Wilcox J. Echographic and radionuclide detection of hepatoma. Rad 135:149-151, 1980.
6. Wilcox J, Moniot A, Green J, et al. Early confirmation of stress fractures in joggers. JAMA 243:1647, 1980.
7. Higashi T, Wilcox J, et al. Clinical evaluation of Ga-67 scanning in the diagnosis of anaplastic carcinoma and malignant lymphoma in the thyroid gland. Rad 141:491-504, 1981.
8. Wilcox J. The Written Radiology Report. Applied Radiology Vol 35 Num , Jul 2006. . PAPERS 2. Gagne P, Wilcox J, et al. Catheter Directed Thrombolysis in May Thurner Syndrome Associated with Protein C Deficiency. Paper presented at the Military Vascular Surgery Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C. 1997. .
1. Williams D, Asher W, Wilcox J. A non-invasive technique for estimating renal volume in vivo. 61st Meeting of the RSNA, 1974
2. Greeny R, Wilcox J, Gerber F, Hilton J. Scintigraphic review of the hip. 27th Annual Meeting of the RSNA. Nov 1979.
3. Broderick T, Gosnik B, Menuck L, Harris R, Wilcox J. Echographic characteristics of hepatoma: Role of ultrasound in diagnosis. 65th Annual Meeting of the RSNA, 1979.