Mr. Garry Kitchen
SGK Service Inc.
937 Dogwood Trail
Franklin Lakes NJ, 07417
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, 1980
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, New Jersey
Eta Kappa Nu Honor Society, 1979-1980
Engineering Merit Scholarship - Matsushita Corp, 1978-1979
AIAS - Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
IGDA - International Game Developers Association
IEEE - Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
BOSSLEVEL - The World's Top 100 Game Developers (by invitation only)
Elite Expert for IMS Expert Services, Pensacola, Florida
Eta Kappa Nu Honor Society
Gerson Lehrman Group Councils
Guidepoint Global (FNA Vista Research - Society of Industrial Leaders)
Coleman Research Group
In response to a dramatic shift in the investment environment, as COO ofSkyworks I lead the repositioning a $0 revenue investment-backed venture into a successful digital publishing business with 11 million consumer downloads and a $2M+ run rate in the span of 7 months. My contribution to this effort included rethinking of the business strategy, initial technical R&D, proof-of-concept product development, product line strategy, marketing, and strategic analysis and recommendations.
- 30 years of technical management experience running game development companies, with an unmatched 14 years of management experience in Internet gaming.
- Strategic business planning - a history of anticipating and influencing industry trends with pioneering initiatives:
1980 Back-engineered the Atari 2600 in anticipation of the video game revolution
1986 Established the 1st North American-based Nintendo development studio
1996 Pioneered Advergaming with development of LifeSavers' Candystand.com
2005 Applied dynamic in-game advertising technology to casual games - CGN
2008 Repositioned Skyworks as leading iPhone publisher with 11M downloads
- Hands-on technical and creative experience in all genres of game development, including console, PC retail and download, online, mobile and dedicated electronic.
- Expertise in developing comprehensive business plans, with application toward raising investment capital, either through IPO or private equity investment.
- Recognized as an industry expert in online gaming by numerous trade conferences, including Digital Hollywood, iMedia Breakthrough, GDC, CES, Gamer Technology Conference, Casual Game Conference, Advertising in Games conference, DMEXPO, VNU Digital Marketing conference, National Cable Show.
- Experience in dealing with broadcast and print media, including CNBC, ABC Eyewitness News, CNN, Good Morning Atlanta, The Today Show and various consumer and trade publications.
- Personally developed video game software products generating career retail sales in excess of $350 million.
- Co-founded Skyworks Technologies, Inc., an industry pioneer in Advergames - sponsorship-supported video games used as advertising vehicles. Skyworks was named a Top 50 Interactive Agency by Advertising Age for the years 2003 and 2004. Skyworks' client list included Nabisco/Kraft Foods, BMW, Toyota, Ford, PepsiCo, Campbell's, Fox Sports, CBS, Mattel, Weather Channel, Microsoft Network, Yahoo!, Miller Brewing Company, GlaxoSmithKline and MTV.
- Developed strategy and business plan for the Casual Games Network (CGN), Skyworks' initiative applying dynamic in-game advertising to online casual games, partnering with Massive Incorporated.
- Co-founded Absolute Entertainment, Inc., console game publisher licensed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, 3DO and Atari and video game developer of over 100 marketed titles from 1986 to 1995, generating product retail sales of over $300 million. Successfully lead Absolute through oversold IPO, raising $12 million.
- Consulted for RCA David Sarnoff Research Labs (1986-1987) on entertainment applications of Digital Video Interactive (DVI), the first technology to store digital full-motion video on a CDROM. Designed & programmed Atari 2600 adaptation of hit arcade game Donkey Kong, 1982 wholesale revenues in excess of $100 million on 4 million units.
- Conceived, designed and developed Bank Shot, an innovative electronic pool game marketed by Parker Brothers, named "10 Best Games of 1980", Omni Magazine.
- Back-engineered Atari 2600 game system in 1980, creating one of the first third party 2600-compatible game cartridges - Space Jockey.
- Performed as Legal Expert Witness in numerous cases involving patents, intellectual property, video games and software development for clients including Konami Entertainment, Nintendo of America, NCR, Taito and Activision.
SGK Services Inc., Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
March 2007 - Present
Chief Operating Officer
Skyworks Interactive, Inc., Hackensack, New Jersey
December 2007 - September 2009
Chairman, President & CEO
Skyworks Technologies, Inc., Hackensack, New Jersey
November 1995 - December 2007
Chairman, President & CEO
Absolute Entertainment, Inc., Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
March 1986 - November 1995
Activision, Inc., Mountainview, California
June 1982 - March 1986
Imaginative Systems Software, New Milford, New Jersey
November 1981 - May 1982
James Wickstead Design Associates, Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
April 1976 - October 1981
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Nomination as an Elite Expert by IMS Expert Services IMS Expert Services ( www.ims-expertservices.com ) - 2009
- Nomination to the Advisory Committee: "Reinventing Advertising: VOD, PVR, Broadband, Games, PODs & Mobile Consortium" Digital Hollywood - 2005, 2006
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Video Games: Classic Gaming Expo - 2003
- New Jersey Entrepreneur of the Year - Finalist Inc. Magazine, Merrill Lynch and Ernst & Young - 1993
- Best Simulation Game Super Battletank Game Informer Magazine - 1992
- Achievement Award in Video Games The Doctor Fad Show Syndicated educational television program - 1990
- Video Game Designer of the Year Computer Entertainer Magazine - 1985
- Best Creativity Product - Nominee Garry Kitchen's GameMaker SPA Excellence in Software - 1985
- Video Game of the Year - Certificate of Merit Keystone Kapers Electronic Games Magazine - 1983
- U.S. Patent #4,346,892 Bank Shot Electronic Pool Game marketed by Parker Brothers - 1981
- Ten Best Games of 1980 Bank Shot OMNI Magazine - 1980
- The Games 100 - The Top 100 Games of 1980 Bank Shot Games Magazine - 1980
- Engineering Merit Scholarship Panasonic / Matsushita Corporation of Japan Fairleigh Dickinson University - 1978, 1979
David Allison dba Cheat Code Central vs. Jeremy Wise and Wise Buy Now LLC
Zynga Game Network Inc v Playdom Inc
Activision Patent Consultation
Konami vs Harmonix, MTV and Viacom
Activision Expert Retainer
Netjumper Software LLC vs. Google
Virtual World Patent Research Project
Scanbuy Inc. vs. Neomedia Technologies
Hopeton Overton Browne vs. Greensleeves Records, et al
Tritech vs. Ectaco
NCR vs. Palm & Handspring
Gonska vs. Gonska
EAI vs. THQ
QPP vs. Impact
Magnavox vs. Taito of America
Atari vs. Taito of America
Atari vs. Nintendo of America
Nintendo of Japan vs. Codemasters
Magnavox vs. Activision