Kenneth M McIntyre
Kenneth M McIntyre MD PC
1725 West Monroe Street
Wytheville Virginia, 24382
Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine. Provides compassionate and high quality care as part of a highly professional and collegial team, oriented to achieve economic and quality goals while surpassing customers expectations.
Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine
To provide compassionate and high quality care as part of a highly professional and collegial team, oriented to achieve economic and quality goals while surpassing customers expectations.
7/1994 - 6/1995
Fellowship, Hyperbaric Medicine, US Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, Jefferson Davis Hyperbaric Laboratory, Brooks,
Air Force Base, Texas, USA
7/1984 - 6/1987
Internal Medicine Residency, the New York Methodist Hospital
10/1980 - 6/1984
Ross University School of Medicine Professional Experience
Bland County Medical Clinic Bastian, VA 24314 3/2008-present Attending, Department of Internal Medicine Wythe County Community Hospital, Wytheville, VA
Soliant Health, Locum Tenens • Covered Private Practice for Solo Practitioner in Harrisonburg, VA • 1979 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 800 Atlanta, GA 30084 Phone: 800.849.5502 Fax: 770.908.2203 Email: email@example.com
Internal Medicine and Hyperbaric Medicine Consultant
• Sentara Leigh Hospital, Virginia Beach, VA • Norfolk General Hospital, Norfolk, VA, Eastern Virginia Medical School • Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital, Norfolk, VA • Harbour Pointe Med & Rehab Center, Norfolk, VA
7/2001 – 12/2006
Consulting Specialist, and Medical Director Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center’s Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Center
• Successfully Integrated Separate Wound Care and Hyperbaric Divisions to Create the Regions Preeminent Comprehensive Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center
• Developed and Successfully Executed the Areas Only Medical Student Clinical Clerkship in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
• Successfully Procured Private Donation of Funds to purchase a New Perry Sigma Plus Hyperbaric Chamber for Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center increasing capacity by fifty percent
• Successfully Implemented Educational Programs to Improve the Medical and Non-Medical Community’s Appreciation of the Role that Comprehensive Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has in the Management of Complex Wounds, Infections and Other Indications through:
Presentations and Grand Rounds, at Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
Presentations at Regional Hospitals, Private Practice Offices, and other Venues
Media: Publications, and Frequent TV Appearances Channel 10 WAVY, and Local Fox Affiliate
• Developed and Executed the EVMS, Geriatric Fellowship’s Clinical Rotation in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Augmented Geriatric Fellow’s Appreciation of the Multi-factorial Nature of Non-healing Wounds, and the Best Practices to Employ When Managing These Complex Patients.
Fellows Became Strong Advocates of Comprehensive Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Sabbatical, Travel and Board Preparation
Associate Professor, St. Matthews School of Medicine Belize, C.A., and at the University of Florida Campus at Orlando, FL
• Microbiology and Immunology
• Gross Anatomy (part-time)
• Clinical Pathology (part-time ) Physician, Private Practice, Internal Medicine and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Belize, C.A.
• Provided Chronic and Urgent Care to Island Community of 5000
• Provided Emergency Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine coverage for 60,000 Annual SCUBA Dives with Staff.
Treated 3-6 Cases of Decompression Sickness per Month
Liaisoned with Local Dive Shops to Improve Awareness and Diving Safe
Along with two other physicians, my fiancé and I stayed on the island of San Pedro, Belize, through Cat 3 Hurricane Keith, in anticipation of large numbers of casualties in the aftermath of the storm. As anticipated, there was a significant delay in the arrival of any first responders until later in week.
Attending Physician and Medical Director Concurrently for:
• Southwest General Hospital, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center, San Antonio, Texas
• Curative Health Services, Wound Care Center, San Antonio, Texas
• Hyperbaric Therapy, Inc., San Antonio, Texas
10/1992 – 7/1997
Flight Surgeon, United States Air Force, Honorable Discharge
• Chief, Flight Medicine, McGuire Air Force Base
Responsible for Supervision and Implementation of Flight Medicine Mission to Support Base and Squadron Commanders, by Optimizing Flight Crew, Air Traffic Controller, and Flight Support Personnel Fitness and Readiness.
Provided the Highest Quality Care and Support for Flight Crew, Air Traffic Controllers and Flight Support Personnel Families, to Facilitate Airmen’s Ability to Successfully Compartmentalize Family Concerns When the Priority Needs to be Complete Focus on the Mission.
• Chief, Preventive Medicine Division, Wilford Hall Medical Center
Responsible for Care of 30,000 Basic Trainees
Coordinated With Base Commander to Procure Space and Funds to Develop Base Health and Wellness Center
Supervised Base Cycle Ergometry Fitness Program
Through Leadership, Teamwork, and Personally Chaired Committees, Multiple Preventive Initiatives Where Enacted to Reduce Basic Trainee and Airmen’s Injury
Resulting in Reduced Basic Trainee and Airmen’s Attrition, and Demand for Medical Care, Resulting in a Significant Improvement in Operational Readiness and Substantial Cost Savings to the US Air Force.
9/1987 – 10/1992
Private Practice Internal Medicine, NY • Cardiology Evaluation of Military Recruits, Ft Hamilton, NY
• Attending Physician, Internal Medicine Peninsula Hospital, NY
• Instructor, Internal Medicine for NY College of Osteopathic Family Practice Residents Research, as Director of US Air Force, Clinical Hyperbaric Medicine Laboratory, Davis Hyperbaric Center, Armstrong Laboratories, Brooks Air Force Base, San Antonio Texas:
Influence of Hyperbaric Oxygenation on Leukocyte Viability and Surface Protein Expression: Aviation, Space & Environmental Medicine: Dec. 1997 Space Shuttle Research STS-69 Life Sciences Mission: Prolonged Weightlessness Affects Promyelocytic Multidrug Resistance: Experimental Cell Res. 1997 Undergraduate original research, and thesis through Advanced Biology Program, Department of Life Sciences, Hofstra University (1982, unpublished) Effects of Deca-Durabolin on Performance, Hematological Indices and Immunological response to know antigen in Competition Alaskan Huskies.
Honors and General Operational Experiences (Non-classified)
• Air Force Commendation Medal
• National Defense Ribbon
• Air Force Training Ribbon
• Longevity Ribbon
• Outstanding Unit Ribbon
• Expert Marksman Beretta 92F 9mm
• Selected by Air Force as Astronaut Nominee
• Chief, Flight Medicine, and Squadron Flight Surgeon for 30th and then 13th Air Lift Squadrons in Support of Operation Southern Watch, Saudi Arabia
• Chief, Flight Medicine, and Squadron Flight Surgeon for 30th and then 13th Air Lift Squadrons in Support of Operation Restore Hope, Somalia
• Southwest Asia Service Medal with Bronze Star
• Research Team Member for Life Sciences Experiment Placed on Board Space Shuttle Endeavour Flight STS-69
• Aircraft Experience as US Air Force Flight Surgeon and Rated Officer :
F-16B Fighting Falcon “Viper” Jet Fighter
T-37 “Tweet” Jet Trainer
C-141 Starlifter Strategic Air Lifter
US Coast Guard HH-65A Dolphin Helicopter