Dr. Frederick Scholl
Monarch Information Networks, Inc.
222 Purchase Street
Rye NY, 10580
Internet Forensics: network abuse, SLA, intellectual property, outsourcing, performance, security, reliability. State and federal testimonial experience.
Over 25 years of experience in technology investigations and research covering a diverse range of subjects including the Internet, network usage, service level agreements, network abuse and intellectual property. He has also taught as an adjunct electrical engineering professor at Polytechnic University and presented professional training seminars there on Data Privacy and Security and Network Forensics.
Co-founded and was Chief Technical Officer of two data communications startups. Optical Information Systems was one of the world’s first fiber optic components firms; Codenoll Technology Corporation was the first firm to develop and standardize commercial fiber optic data communication systems for use in Local Area Networks.
Consults for Fortune 500 clients on issues including application performance, reliability and security. His opinions are sought after by firms in banking, finance, publishing and manufacturing. In the area of commercial litigation support, he consults on matters involving network technology and use and abuse of computer networks. These matters include: unauthorized use of network resources, service level agreements, web site break-in, pornography in the workplace, web site trespassing, spam, patent infringement and licensing. He has testified on these issues in state and federal court. He has published extensively, presented lectures and professional training courses and is a named inventor in 13 letters patent.
- Internet Law Program, Harvard University 2001
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Cornell University 1974
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Cornell University 1969
- PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER 1991-Present
- Monarch Information Networks, Inc.
- CO-FOUNDER, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT AND BOARD MEMBER 1980-1991
- Codenoll Technology Corporation
HONORS AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Advisory Board Member, Pace University for Advanced Media, 2001-present
- Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering, Polytechnic University, 1980-1985
- 13 patents granted in the fields of network technology and fiber optics.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Network Security and Forensics”, Urban Security Certificate Course, Polytechnic University, October 18, 2003.
- “Data Privacy and Security: Understanding and Meeting Today’s Business Requirements,” Short Course with Prof. Roy Girasa, Esq. at Polytechnic University, May 23, 2003.
- “The Changing Privacy and Security Landscape”, Business Communications Review, May 2003.
- “Marketing Your Small Business”, Pace University Seminar, February, 2003.
- “Network Forensics”, IEEE Communications Society Seminar, November 14, 2002.
- “Network Forensics”, Presentation to Infragard, New York City, September 2002.
- "Performance Strategies", Network Magazine, November, 1997.
- "Intranet/Extranet Performance and Security in the Financial Markets", Waters Information Services Seminar, Fall, 1997.
- "Planning for Multimedia", Network Magazine, June, 1997.
- "Upgrading Your Network Backbone", Network Magazine, May, 1997.
- “Where are Your Users?”, LAN Magazine, November, 1996.
- "ABC's of Capacity Planning", LAN Magazine, December, 1996.
- "Client-Server Performance Management", Handbook of Local Area Networks, edited by John Sloan, Auerbach, 1995.
- "Proactive Network Management", Hewlett-Packard Peer to Peer Journal, Summer, 1995.
- "Optical Fiber Standards for Ethernet LANs", Handbook of Local Area Networks, edited by John Sloan, Auerbach, 1994.
- "Performance Management in the 1990's", Keynote Presentation, Simulation Conference 20, August 1994.
- “Multimedia Applications and Fiber Optic Networks”, Fiberoptic Product News, June, 1994.
- “Multimedia: Applications and New Technology”, 16th Annual Newport Conference on Fiberoptics Markets, October, 1993.
- "10 Base-F Stretches the Ethernet Backbone," Data Communications, October, 1993.
- "Multimedia Network Planning Guide", September, 1993.
- "Traffic Capacity Planning for Multimedia Networks", Comdex, 1993.
- “Multimedia LAN Infrastructures”, Forum in Telecommunications Practice, Polytechnic University, June 1993.
- “End User Guide to Wireless Local Area Networks”, Forum in Telecommunications Practice, Polytechnic University, December, 1991.
- “Why a Standard for Fiber Optics in Premises Networks?”, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, May, 1991.
- "FDDI Components for Workstation Interconnection", SPIE Conference, September 19, 1990.